Thursday, March 03, 2011

BODHISATTVA re-offered






In 2004 I published my first graphic novel BODHISATTVA. My next big project THE DRUDE will start appearing later this year. In the meantime, I have created a new Slip-Cover for BODHISATTVA. I always felt my original cover didn't serve the book well so 7 years later I am making it available with the cover I wish I had published with to begin with!


The cost is $15 postpaid and will come with some bonus comics.



The Story:

BODHISATTVA: One who willfully turns back from the very gates of Nirvana and returns to help all sentient beings reach enlightenment.

In San Francisco, there is a madman who sees into other dimensions, a hospital orderly whose karmic corruption makes him prey to dark powers, a middle-aged man from India unraveling under the guilt of having murdered his wife in a "cooking fire." What is it that links these men? Who is the mysterious Many-Eyed Man who appears to them to steer their lives on their appropriate karmic course?

More than three thousand years ago, in the Katmandu Valley, a group of religious mendicants is visited by the gods they worship: Brahma of the four faces; Kali, with her belt of human skulls; Hanuman, king of monkeys; and Ganesha, the elephant-headed Lord of Hosts. The young monks are taken in strange, colossal serpents of steel to the ruins of the ancient civilization of Harapa; and there they are transformed by the technology of the gods into beings more than merely human. But even the gods themselves have human liabilities, and Kali, goddess of destruction, plants a vile murderer among the mendicants. It is the legacy of this betrayal by Kali and her servant, Rahula, which plays out over the centuries and finally comes to a climax in modern day San Francisco.

The forces of good and evil, represented by Bodhi and Rahula, converge to battle in the present. Vengeance, disillusionment, karmic retribution, and trickery--these are the themes that play out in Bodhisattva.

Created, written and illustrated by Omaha Perez. Co-scripted by Richard Raleigh.

A bit of praise:

"Unique and boldly imaginative, BODHISATTVA is infinitely more enlightened

--and enlightening-- than the average fantasy graphic novel."

- Midwest Book Review

"Great fun...and a wonderful fusion of classic

Indian mythology and Kirbyesque cosmicness."

-J.M. DeMatteis

6 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Hey..your blog is very amazing, I love to visit everyday..
Don't forget to visit my blog too DigitalCamerasReview.us
Thank you :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger kevin21 said...

Cheap Tory Burch Shoes

Tory Burch Discount Shoes

Tory Burch

Discount Tory Burch Shoes

Tory Burch Reva Flats Sale

7:02 PM  
Blogger kevin21 said...

Mata Mblere

Moncler Jackets For Men

Jackets For Men

Moncler Outlet Platine

9:51 PM  
Blogger kevin21 said...

Hot Cheap Jordans

Cheap Jordans

Ceap Black White Flight Air Jordans Shoes

Air Jordan 2012 Black Red

6:06 PM  
Blogger Atta Rehman said...

Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job. Your article is truly relevant to my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website. However, I would like to see more details about this topic. I'm going to keep coming back here.
farm house karachi

11:51 PM  
Blogger an muti said...

Minecraft Skins . How do you feel if your charaters have very new and fashionable skins in many games of Minecraft at this Christmas and up-coming Tet holiday? It will be really fun. Now let me make it come true. I am so excited to be with you in every Minecraft game! 

Minecraft Mods
. Just like Skins, you seem to get so bored with some Minecraft mods you have ever used. Would you like to take part in extremely modern and great new games as well as experience the exciting atmostphere that you have never tried before? I guess all of you cannot wait more for these wonderful things. Let’s get started to join these games and I will show you how easy it is to find out the other Minecraft mods.

Minecraft Maps
. Hmmm… In Minecraft, I like this part most. Do you know why? Well, as you can see, Maps Minecraft is so great because you cannot discover any challenge in every game without Maps Minecraft. The wonderful. Minecraft Maps usually interest me so much but my PC configuration is not suitable. LOL…! However , I do not give up even no matter hard it is. Now I have much more Maps Minecraft than ever after a long time discovering. All of you are welcomed to visit my blog and take a look at these Maps Minecraft. LOL… All is for everyone who are keen on Maps Minecraft. I really hope our Minecraft community will gradually become greater and happier in near future.
Minecraft Texture Packs
. I rarely search about it , but I also have many Minecraft Texture Packs to share with you. 

Christmas and New Year are together coming! minecraftfreemods.net Wish you all happiness and best luck! I hope these great holidays will bring us millions of reasons to smile in life! Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
Everything will finally be alright! Wish you a successful life! Your all
dreams will definitely come true! <3
                                                                                                          minecraftfreemods.net

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home