Wednesday, January 11, 2006

30 pages to go...

Happy New Years everyone. So nice to see that my Blog is still so buggy. I checked my replacement blog and that one's messed up too. I may have to migrate this away from Blogger...

As CG work takes up most of my work-time it's been really nice to hear people actually care about my comics. A couple of recent incidents reinforce this. Last week the manager of my local comic shop (The Comic Bug, Manhattan Beach, CA) called and said, "Omaha, I have an irate Holmes fan here..." And put me on the phone with a woman saying, "Hello, when's the next issue of HOLMES coming out?!?" The second incident was an email from a reporter from the local community paper, The Easy Reader, saying that his boss liked HOLMES so much he'd serialize it in the paper if I wanted to.

So, as I told this fan, there will be no HOLMES #2. There will be, however, a 96 page HOLMES trade paperback collecting the first issue (complete with art fixes) and what would have been issues 2 - 4. "Issue 2" is done, I'm half-way through what would have been #3. I've got a total of 30 pages left to pencil and ink. Also, most likely the book will be published by a different publisher. The realities of the Direct Market make self-publishing too difficult to continue. And I don't expect to serialize HOLMES in the Easy Reader. I'm sure there's far too much "objectionable" content for it to be published by a community paper.

Here's a recently inked page... More soon.

Omaha

2 Comments:

Anonymous Joe Mcmurrian said...

You rock Homes!
Give your family a kiss for us. We are going to be at Disney land on the 23rd-27th-not all that time at Disneyland, but my daughter has been going crazy to go there and will probably keep us there most of the time.

Hope all is well and good my friend

Bleep bleep bleeeeeep!
Joe McMurrian

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Joe m said...

I like long walks with harry people!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home